Is there anything more refreshing than a cold glass of lemonade in the summertime? Of course not! This is why in honor of National Lemonade Day, we are celebrating with our top five favorite lemonade recipes from Cookidoo®. Even better, each recipe can be prepared in under 10 minutes. So let's get into it!
You can't go wrong with a good, old-fashioned homemade lemonade. With a total cooking time of 10 minutes, it'll be ready for a poolside afternoon in no time. Take a look at the tips and tricks from our Recipe Development Team for best results:
- Choose smaller lemons with smooth shiny peels, these are juicier and have less pith. Small lemons fit through the mixing bowl lid with no need to cut in half
- Keep lemons refrigerated to keep your drink chilled
- For a well-balanced flavor, serve immediately
- Replace lemons with two small oranges, quartered or one grapefruit, quartered
This recipe is a combination of two of the best things during summer...watermelon and lemonade! Refreshing, fruity, and prepared in under 10 minutes. For the best flavor, follow our Recipe Development Team's tips and tricks:
- Add more or less water to desired texture and taste
- Minted Watermelon Lemonade: add two stalks of mint leaves (approximately 20 small leaves) and steep until ready to serve
We've gotta say...this Strawberry Lemonade recipe is too good. It's so good that it should be enjoyed all year round, not just during the summer. To ensure it's the best Strawberry Lemonade, make sure you have a fine sieve, a refrigerator (of course), and a pitcher. And let's not forget the tips and tricks:
- Use a knife to remove as much white pith as possible for the lemons (we don't want the lemonade to be too bitter!)
Sparkling Lavender Lemonade
While this Sparkling Lavender Lemonade may take a little longer to prepare, we promise it is definitely worth it. All you need is a strainer, a freezable container, and a freezer. And if you want a stronger lavender flavor, make sure you allow it to steep for a while longer.
Minty Vodka Lemonade
And last but not least, the cocktail of the day. This Minty Vodka Lemonade is sure to put a smile on your face. The perfect drink for celebrations, evenings in with friends, or national lemonade days! Set aside 10 minutes and this cocktail will be ready in no time. Enjoy!
Celebrate With Us
We want to celebrate this tasty day with our wonderful community. Make sure to snap your photos of your refreshing lemonades from your Thermomix® and share them on social. Be sure to tag us @ThermomixCanada and use the hashtag, #ThermomixCanada
Who knows...you might just be featured on our page for everyone to see.